Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Titus and facing the impossible...

The Island of Crete, just off the coast of Greece.
This week we are diving into the book of Titus.  We rarely deal with this book of the Bible, but it is filled with a lot of wonderful stuff!  According to the book, Titus was a missionary who reached out to the people on the island of Crete.  Crete was a wild place 2000 years ago, and I can only imagine how daunting a task it must have been to be a missionary at that time.  How would Titus connect to the people there?  How could he possibly bring change?  It must have seemed overwhelming for him. 

Is there something in your life that seems impossible for you to overcome?  The obvious challenge that I am facing is parenthood.  My wife could literally have our baby any day now.  We are super excited, but there is so much that I am not prepared for.  Honestly, when I think of infants, I get a little scared.  I mean, I have never changed a diaper before in my life.  I’m used to getting a ton of sleep, and I am terrified that I am going to break this tiny little guy!  Babies seem so fragile and helpless.

With the help of God, the church, and my face mask, I know I
can face any diaper that may await me...

Special thanks to all those people who are preparing
me to be a dad :) 
So, how am I supposed to do this?  Honestly, on my own, I don’t think I could.  However, I am not raising this kid by myself.  I have my wife, I have my family, and I have all the church families that I have been a part of…  No one has seen this little guy before, but there are so many people who already love him! (Pretty Amazing!) As we dive into the Book of Titus in the Bible, I am reminded that Titus couldn't do it all on his own either.  He had help from the greater church, and he had help from God.  That is something we are all called to remember.  We are never alone!  We have a community of love, and we have God’s love everywhere we go.

Blessings!


PB

No comments:

Post a Comment