Thursday, March 12, 2015

He's Here!!

He’s here!!!  Cedar Michael Ward was born early in the morning on Friday, March 6.  What an adventure!  It’s crazy how much I can love someone who just sleeps, poops, and cries... I love him so much, but I have made so many mistakes already.  On our first night, I found myself waking him up, because I was worried he wasn’t breathing. (Of course, he was doing just fine… I was just nervous!) I also am horrible at trying to calm him down after he starts crying. I’ve tried rocking, bouncing, and even singing, but sometimes nothing seems to work. (Since my singing voice resembles a choking camel, I probably shouldn’t be surprised…) Finally, I have been up to my eyebrows in dirty diapers. (I think I make things messier after I am done changing him…)
Cedar Michael Ward
8lbs 4oz
Born on March 6

It’s kind of funny how something so frustrating and exhausting can be so wonderful.  It’s crazy to feel this kind of love.  I know it is going to be incredibly difficult at times, but I know I am called to be here sharing the love I have. (Even if it’s a messed up kind of love… J)

At Community, we are still reading Paul’s letter to Titus.  At times, this book can be difficult.  It seems like Paul is always telling Titus he has to “Do This,” or “Do That!”  However, in reality, Paul is telling Titus he has a Calling.  This week, I pray that you would all be able to feel God’s Call in your life – wherever we go!

Blessings!


PB

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and many blessings on what will be an amazing call to parenthood. Enjoy the anticipation of blessings to come through Cedar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to both of you on your new baby boy. babies can bring so much happiness and joy to your life. and so much chaos at the same time. but the ride is totally worth it. and the love that you will get and receive from this little one that you were teaching it's so amazing.so enjoy every minute and everyday and every smile.

    ReplyDelete