Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Busy Week... A Holy Week.

Earlier this week, I found myself hungry for some pancakes… that happens to me from time to time.  Anyway, I decided to head to the grocery store so I would be ready for breakfast.  I wound up buying piles of bananas, eggs, milk, and a few other things.  It’s always a little dangerous for me to go grocery shopping when I’m hungry, because I always buy too much.  (That may not be a problem for some people, but I like to ride my bike... that makes it an adventure.)  On my way home, I was focused on the eggs I had under my arm, when I felt something cold running down my back. (Not good!)  Sure enough, the milk was leaking, I was a mess, and Kira probably needed me home a half hour ago.  Apparently, I was trying to do a little too much!

Sometimes, I feel like we spend our lives trying to do too much.  There are times I get so caught up in all my fatherly duties that I forget to enjoy just being a dad.  In the same way, I can get so caught up in leading worship services, but I will neglect to take time for myself to worship.  This year, I want to be better at staying focused on what really matters.  We are each busy in our own ways, and we all have so many different expectations for ourselves.  During this Holy Week, I hope you can let those expectations go.  Let’s keep our eyes on the Savior who gave His life for each of us.  That is what really matters!

Blessings!


Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment