Wednesday, May 6, 2015

New Adventures...

It’s hard for me to believe, but my child is turning two months old!  This is not usually considered a huge milestone. (Although, I would be fine with another excuse to bust out the cake and ice cream! J) However, I have been looking forward to this date, because at 2 months, I am allowed strap the baby in the running stroller, and I can take him out running!  This may not be a big deal for some, but I have been counting down the days!

Too warm? Too cold? Too bouncy?
Who knows! But he made it
on our 6 mile expedition!
When I finally took him out for our stroller’s maiden voyage, I realized it was not going to be as easy as I expected… I had to turn around a couple times to get him a warmer outfit, a clean diaper, and later more sun protection.  I also kept bashing my legs into the stroller. (All of that must have been pretty annoying since he just wanted to sleep!) However, I found the hardest part was just trying to stay in tune with the baby.  Why did he start crying?  Had he fallen out of the straps?  Had I been bouncing him around too much?  I felt bad putting him through all this chaos, but if I stayed in tune with him, we made it work.  I stopped a few times when he was fussing, and I was able to get him to smile – and that makes it worth it to me.  He may not be thrilled with his running stroller yet, but crazily enough, he still trusts me… or at least he’s willing to laugh at my goofy face!


Still not sure what he thinks of
the stroller...







In our Gospel lesson this week, Jesus compares God to a vine grower.  God is carefully tending to each one of us… we are His branches.  Christ tells us to abide in his love, and He will be with us.  Personally, I love this image, God is encouraging us to grow and find new life.  I pray we could all see this in the world we live in.



Blessings!


PB


No comments:

Post a Comment