Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Faith changes things...

Have you ever had a defining moment in your life?  On June 12th, 2010, Kira and I were married.  In many ways, this was a defining time.  Kira and I were beginning our lives together, and the wedding was supposed to represent all of that.  We had planned a beautiful outdoor ceremony.  Everything was perfect… except for the fact that it rained the whole time!  We told ourselves it was just drizzling, but compared to what we see in Las Vegas, it was all out pouring… 

A beautiful day in Minnesota!
I remember being so stressed out that day.  I really wanted everything to be perfect.  However, nobody knows the future.  Sometimes our plans work out.  Other times, we just smile and make the best of the situation.  In the end, is one way better than the other?  Today, I wouldn’t trade our rainy wedding day for the world.  I love it, but I don’t believe weddings define us, nor do our carefully laid out plans… it’s our faith that makes us who we are.  That summer Kira and I had no idea where we would wind up.  North Dakota?  California?  Las Vegas?  Would any church call us at all?!?  Who knows!  It’s crazy to stand at the brink of the unknown.   However, we are called to live by faith… not that we will get whatever we want.  Instead, we have faith that love is present in whatever crazy circumstances we face.  I’m grateful today to be able to spend so many of these moments with my wife!

This week, we are looking at the story of Elijah.  Elijah stood at the brink of some very difficult times.  Although nothing was certain, Elijah brought hope to the people.  Now, this did not happen the way Elijah expected… (It never does!) However, if we rely on Christ, I believe we will find hope for a new day. 

Blessings!


PB

No comments:

Post a Comment