Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Anger

Why are we so angry?
Ok, let’s start with a tough question… Who was the last person you were really mad at?  I can get upset at other drivers who cut me off or with people who aren’t behaving in a way I think is normal.  Opening up the newspaper, it’s easy to become angry when I hear about tragedies and injustices taking place in the world.  However, if I’m honest, there are a number of occasions when I will become angry over the smallest things.  Have any of you ever been in a terrible fight with a loved one?  You may be so mad at them in one moment, but then maybe you have lunch, and you realize you were just hungry…  That may be a silly example, but I think it happens all the time!  So often, we lash out against the people who mean the most to us.  Many times we don’t even have an issue with them; deep down, we really just have our own unresolved issues.  If we can’t talk about these things, and figure out where our anger is coming from, I think it can lead to all kinds of terrible tragedies in our society. 

This week, we are looking at a Bible story about two people who were each called by Christ.  However, instead of building the Kingdom, they wind up lashing out against each other.  It’s sad, but I think it’s all too familiar.  Our society is so divided right now.  We love to focus on our neighbors faults, instead of utilizing their gifts.  Jesus invites us to take time to appreciate one another.  What would the world look like if we offered a Christ-like love to the world instead of our judgments?  I pray we might all find time to look into our own soul.  May we see our own callings and feel God’s love.  Let’s let go of the pointless hatred, and let’s start clinging to Christ and His sense of Justice and Love.


Blessings!




PB

No comments:

Post a Comment