Thursday, April 27, 2017

Do you believe in Love?

The Bible says that love bears all things, believes all things, and endures all things.  Personally, I believe love carries an incredible amount of power… but there are times I can ignore its strength. This month we are beginning a new sermon series based on 1 John.  This book emphasizes that there is no greater representation of God than in the love we show our neighbors!  Think about that!  This past week I saw people from Community Lutheran church visiting the sick, praying for the needy, caring for the lonely, and welcoming the stranger.  This love inspires me, and it reminds me of the ways that God is with us. 
This week I hope we can all be intentional about sharing the love of Christ.  However, love is not just something we have to offer.  It is also a gift we have to learn to receive.  I have come to believe that accepting love is just as important as sharing it.  I know over the past few weeks, when I was so busy with work and a sick baby, it became easy to ignore or even deny the love that was being shown to me.  The Bible tells us that love is all around us… in the strangers and friends we meet every day.  However, if we don’t take time to intentionally appreciate or acknowledge this love, we can find ourselves in a pretty dark spot. 
Today I hope we can remember Love is with us.  May we share it with joy and accept it with grace!
Peace,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment