Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Thankfulness...

Last week we celebrated Veteran’s Day.  As a church, we took time to honor all those who fought for our freedoms, and I was able to spend some time thanking a few of the veterans in my life.  Several years ago I worked as a Chaplin at a VA hospital in Minnesota.  My job entailed meeting with veterans and their families and offering any services I could.  I will always value my time there.  I learned so much, and some of men and women expressed how important it was for them to be able to share their story with me…

Today, in our scripture passage, the Apostle Paul will write of the importance valuing other people.  Taking time to tell people that they are valued and their gifts are needed is important.  Paul writes that we are to live our lives with a spirit of thanksgiving.  Today we sit right in between Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving.  I hope we can spend this time, as well as the rest of our lives, living with this spirit of thankfulness inside of us!

Blessings!


Brian 

No comments:

Post a Comment