Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Power of Love


The day after Easter my wife had an ultrasound done.  We found out we were going to have another baby boy.  We are very excited, and we have spent the last few days pondering what the next year is going to look like.  I love looking ahead and opening myself to new possibilities.  However, the future is also intimidating.  It’s crazy to think about starting over with a newborn!!  I am pretty sure I have forgotten everything about infants, and I have much less time than I did when our first child was born.  However, in the Bible we hear a promise that Love is able to carry us through any obstacle.  We are called to believe in a Love that does not die or fall apart under pressure.  We are called to believe that this Love can impact all of our lives.  When I took a moment to think about this, I knew that it was true.  I have seen so many people in my life giving unbelievable amounts of love… and I knew they were ready to give more.   Personally, I wanted to be connected to that kind of power, and I wanted to share that kind of love.  This is one of the main reasons I became a pastor.  (It is also the only reason I have been able to raise my own 3 year old child!)

Today I hope you can see, touch, hear, and believe in a Love that is all around you.  I hope you can believe in a Love that will carry you over every obstacle, even if you know that you are not capable of this on your own.  God is Love, and Love never ends!

Blessings!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment