Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Love in a broken world...

As I write this, I am sitting at home with a sick kid, and I am kind of bummed out. My first grader woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and he continues to feel a bit crummy. Thankfully, he seems to be on the mend, and my entire family is repeatedly testing negative for covid... In the end, I know it is not a big deal, but I'm still feeling a sense of loss. First, it is never fun to see someone feeling this way. Second, my family was planning on taking a vacation this weekend, and it looks like that will have to be delayed or canceled. My son also missed his first-grade award ceremony, and he is missing the final day of school with his classmates. Finally, my wife and I have to figure out which one of us will work from home to take care of a sick kid and another healthy and VERY energetic three-year-old. :)

There are times our plans fall apart. This can leave me feeling frustrated or even lost. I think I also have to remember there is much more going on in the world than my own trivial complaints. The news of the shooting at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas that is so tragic I can barely bring myself to read the details. We are living in a world where there is unimaginable brokenness, but I understand it is also easy for the smallest things to derail or even overwhelm us. 

Today I hope we can look beyond ourselves. Whatever we may be feeling today, I hope we can absorb the fact that there is a bigger picture. There is also a larger calling in our lives to find a way to love. Plans will fall apart. There will be troubles in this world. I wonder how we are being called to love in the midst of this pain. Are there opportunities, large or small, that you have to love those around you? 

Heartbreak Quotes & Heartbroken Sayings | Keep Inspiring Me

Today, I do not know if I will spend my vacation on the road or at home with a sick kid. I do not know what is going to happen in the world around us. However, I do know that I want to spend whatever time I am given with love. I will love my family. I am going to share God's love with the people around me. I am also going to live with the faith that all of this matters. I hope all of you are going to live with this hope as well.

Blessings,


Brian 

1 comment: