Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Adventures in Kingman...

Last weekend, I led worship services at a church in Kingman Arizona.  I love going to other places and supporting colleagues when they need another pastor.  However, when I agreed to preach there, I forgot it was Valentine’s Day…  (Oops!) When I remembered, I knew I had messed up.  First of all, Kira is 8 months pregnant, and she has a hard time traveling anywhere.  Secondly, I had no idea where to make reservations to celebrate – and I worked that evening anyway...  In spite of this, Kira came with me, and we had a great time.  Instead of going out to eat, we had ice cream, and we watched a documentary on genocide. (A little unorthodox, but it worked. J)  We also met a bunch wonderful people, and we went away feeling God’s love… As much as I try to mess things up, it’s great to know God is always there.

This week we are taking a deeper look at the Greek word AgapeAgape is the most powerful word for love in the New Testament.  It describes how deeply God loves us - even when we mess up.  This week, I pray we may know that nothing (No sin, trial, or failure) can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus!

Blessings!


PB

God can take something terrible
and use it to bring Love to all people

No comments:

Post a Comment