Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hearing the Good News

Sometimes, life can be a wild ride! Earlier this week, my wife’s car was hit by another vehicle.  The other driver admitted full responsibility, but he did not have insurance… bummer!  Then Kira and I both got incredibly sick from something we ate, and to top it all off we have both have had some crazy busy schedules recently.

 
I guess I’ve been overwhelmed.  Typically, when I start to feel that way, I will go for a long run or climb a mountain.  However, while I was recovering from food poisoning, running didn’t feel so good.  However, I did have a chance to sit down with an older member of our congregation.  He had a chance to share about some of the troubles in his life, and he also spoke about blessings.  He reminded me there are certainly difficulties that can overwhelm anybody, but we all have so much to be thankful for.  We all have so much to live for.  His words came at the perfect time and they really helped to reframe my outlook. 


This week I hope we can hear God’s Word of Compassion and Hope in our lives.  I also hope you have a chance to share these words with others.  Our lives are a gift.  Let’s go forth sharing this Good News!


Blessings!




PB

No comments:

Post a Comment