Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Inclusive Love

Coming together to show love
Last Tuesday I read a news story about one of the Jewish cemeteries that had been vandalized.  As terrible as these events are, I have come to respect people on all sides of the issue who came together to support their Jewish neighbors. I even read about a Muslim activist named Tarek El-Messidi, who called on people of the Islamic faith to help out.  El-Messidi’s community raised over $138,000, which more than covered the cost of repairs to one of the cemeteries.  This stood out to me, because there are so many examples of faith communities fighting against one another.  Faith has been used to divide instead of love.  This story inspired me.  I hope we as a church can show a radical grace and love that reaches around the world. 
This week we are entering into the Lenten Season.  This is a season of reflection, but it is also a season of hope.  As I look out at the world around me, I know there are problems, but I believe in hope.  I believe if we come together for the sake of love, we will discover the power of the church.  Today, I hope and pray that you would be able to find God’s Love wherever you are!
Blessings!
Brian

If you would like to read more about the story I referenced, I am sharing the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment