Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Finding Faith

I love summer!  It is a wonderful season that I have always looked forward to.  Now, it is a little different in Las Vegas when it’s 110 degrees outside, but there is still a change of pace that I love.  At the church, I have been able to experience Vacation Bible School, mission opportunities, and my own vacation time.  It has also been a chance to share these experiences with my own 2 year old child.  This is not always easy.  Our little boy really seems to thrive on a routine, and traveling with him can be a little chaotic.  However, it is amazing (and perhaps a little scary) to think about all the trust he has in us.  We may be leading him to the top of a mountain or on some other crazy adventure, but through it all he has faith that we will always be with him.  He trusts us.  He trusts his grandparents and family, and it’s amazing to see that he also trusts the church.  He knows there are people here who care about him.  He may not understand everything that goes on in the world. (I don’t think anybody does), but he has faith that we will be here for each other!

This week we are looking at the story of Peter walking on the water.  This is a story of faith… How much was Peter willing to trust Jesus?  In our lives, I wonder if we believe that we are loved.  Do you believe that God will always stand beside you?  Do you believe that the church will believe in you even when you make mistakes?  Today I hope we can all find grace by believing in God’s divine love.  That is what brings life to the world!

Blessings!


Brian



No comments:

Post a Comment