Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Life's Roller Coaster!


A lot has taken place since the last time I had a chance to update my blog!  In the church, we’ve experienced a roller coaster of emotions following Jesus through the season of Lent.  Christ’s journey was marked with suffering and death as he traveled to the cross.  However, we also had a chance to experience the joy of the resurrection.  In some ways, our lives are constantly moving up and down between blessings and brokenness as well.  

I had a glimpse of this a few weeks ago when my son experienced his first concussion. (That was definitely a low moment!!) He was running around and fell a few feet right onto his head.  This sent us to the emergency room for the third or fourth time in his life. (It’s hard to keep it all straight after a while…)  We arrived around 8pm and spent the next 6 hours trying to convince our 2 year old that we were trying to help him.  He wanted nothing to do with the doctors, and I remember trying to hold him in the CT scanner telling him it would be alright. (He remained unconvinced!)  In the end, I could only tell him to trust me and that he was loved, whether or not he wanted to hear this.  It was a difficult night, but everything turned out to be fine.  In no time, our child was running around, climbing on the furniture, and eating birthday cake to celebrate turning 3 years old!  It’s difficult to know that I can’t stop the bad times from coming, they always will.  However, I can show love at all times…

I believe God is present in every moment of our lives, the good and the bad.  God is telling us that we are loved whether or not we are willing to listen.  Today I hope we can take time to cherish God’s Love and Grace regardless of where we are in life’s roller coaster.  Love has the power to conquer all things, including the grave!

Christ is Risen!

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment