Thursday, June 11, 2020

Have Faith in Love


Yesterday Pastor Ben shared a poem in the 3pm online gathering time.  It was titled:

Anyway

Gift Ideas for Him or Her Mother Teresa Do it Anyway | Etsy

It struck me how easy it is to find reasons not to give your very best. 

Other people could do a better job.
No one will pay attention to me.
People may not like me.
I may be rejected.
I may be hated.
I may fail.

I can always find reasons to give a subpar effort.  However, we are in a sermon series where we are taking a look at the miracles of Jesus.  Jesus went out of his way to stand up for justice.  Heal people in their time of need and rescue the oppressed.  Even when he was criticized for his work, he kept fighting for love.  When his friends left him, he chose to love them anyway. 

Today as I look at all the fear, animosity, and chaos in our society, I believe Jesus is calling us into action.  How is God calling you?  I serve as a pastor, but we all have a calling.  When I go home, I am also a husband and father, and I feel pretty ineffective at times! The kids are totally out of control when I’m watching, and I’m still scrambling to figure out what I need to do to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary.  (Our anniversary is on June 12th. Is that coming up soon? :) 

Even though I am not perfect, my family needs the love I have to offer.  I want to be the person who will stop and be present fully with the people around me.  I want to cherish these moments.  I want to take time to celebrate and give thanks with love.  Today I hope you can all find every excuse to give the love you have!

Blessings!

Brian

2 comments: