Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Living with Gratitude

 Are you living with a spirit of Thanksgiving?

 There is a lot going on in the world today… elections, corona virus, economic uncertainty… It is easy to get distracted by all of it.  In my family we have also been dealing with the fallout of the time change.  I know there must be somebody out there who looks forward to flipping the clocks an hour back or an hour forward, but I am not one of these people.  Even in the fall, when we should gain an extra hour, I feel like I still lose.  Instead of sleeping in, my kids just wake up an hour earlier! (It’s a cruel twist of fate to always lose an hour!) However, earlier this week, when I was trying to get my two year old to go back to sleep for a few more minutes, he looked right at me and said, “I love you daddy… Let’s go eat.” I guess it struck me in that moment that there will always be things I can complain about, but I should probably be thankful!


 This week, Community Lutheran is continuing a sermon series all about gratitude and thanksgiving.  We are asking what is on your heart.  Are you upset? Afraid of an uncertain future? Excited? Angry?  Emotions are a gift, and I believe it is good to embrace them and understand them.  However, I do not believe we should spend our lives being ruled by our emotions.  At the heart of everything is the all-powerful love of God.  This is a love that we can always embrace, and we can also share. 

 Blessings!

 

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment