Thursday, May 27, 2021

Don't let stress win...

What stresses you out?

 

Do you have a strategy to handle anxiety?

 

I live a pretty blessed life, but there are times even the simplest things can overwhelm me.  Just last week, I was making a quick run to the grocery store, when my two year old called out that he had to go pee.  I pulled him out as fast as I could, but then I realized my other child was missing a shoe!  My two year old was still yelling that he really had to pee, so I gave up on the shoe and carried them both to the public bathrooms.  I feel like we must have been a sight to see.

 

I can smile about that incident now, but if we aren’t careful, we can let the small things get to us.  I also encounter people everyday who are dealing with very serious problems.  It is easy to get lost in the anxieties of the world.  Fear can send us inward.  We tend to focus on ourselves and neglect the needs of others.



In our upcoming sermon series, we are going to look at the idea of:  Living Generously.  We don’t want to let fear and anxiety win.  Christ gave us the gift of grace to live with open hearts ready to share God’s love with the world.  Every day we are alive there will be things to worry about.  Let’s not let those fears define us.  Let’s live with open and loving hearts!

 

Blessings!

 

 

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment