Thursday, August 19, 2021

The BIG Questions!

Do you have any really BIG questions? 


I loved asking questions as a kid. I remember asking my parents for books about outer space, dinosaurs, biology, and so much more. Today I love my six year old son’s desire to become a scientist. (At least that his plan for the moment!) I think he would stay up all night asking questions if I would let him. There is so much about the universe that we don’t understand, and I think there is something deep within the human spirit that desperately wants to explore.


However, somewhere along the way I stopped asking so many questions. Adults are expected to have the answers, and people can become embarrassed by what they do not know. We tend to focus on the things we do understand and dismiss everything else. Why should we go searching for more? That only leads to trouble.




What if instead of judging people as ignorant, we started cherishing the opportunities we have to learn and grow. This week at Community Lutheran, we are beginning a new sermon series about the BIGGEST questions we have in our faith. What if we allowed our inner child to come out and ask all the creative, silly, or heart wrenching question we may have. That is my hope and prayer for all of us in this season.


Happy questioning!




Brian Ward

1 comment:

  1. Love - What if instead of judging people as ignorant, we started cherishing the opportunities we have to learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete