Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Trusting God

I have learned a lot in my years of ministry, but one of the hardest lessons to grasp is the understanding that I am not in charge. Sure, that should seem obvious. We confess every week that God is the only one who knows what is to come. However, I can still convince myself that I can control my own destiny. If I do everything right, I want to see the results. It doesn’t matter if I am talking about my own personal life or if I am talking about my profession as a pastor. I want to believe that I am in control. 


I had all kinds of plans going into this summer. I thought I knew everything about the mission trips we would be going on with the Youth Group, and I thought I knew what would be the most impactful ministry. I believed I knew the best ways to travel and connect with my family. However, everything was flipped upside down when my family got Covid. I had my plans, but I was forced to change to see how the Spirit was going to work. 


The Youth Group wound up discovering all kinds of new gifts, and we saw new opportunities for mission as we reached out to God’s people in new ways. My family had to change our vacation plans four times to accommodate all the ups and downs of life, but it all worked out. I was not in charge, but God’s Spirit was working. There was all kinds of ministry taking place from the mission trips, Vacation Bible School, and one on one time with family and friends. God is always there for us, but we have to be open to new possibilities.





Today I hope we can trust in the Good News of Christ. I hope we can listen to God’s Word, and I hope we can trust in God throughout this journey of life that we are all on. 


Blessings,



Pastor Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment