Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Loving every minute of it!

 Life moves fast doesn't it?

A couple weeks ago, we were preparing to celebrate Christmas. There was so much excitement at church, and my house was just as busy. I felt so blessed by all the people at each of our worship services, and there was definitely a sense of hope in the air as we gathered together. 

After all of our services and after the Christmas presents has all been opened, my family was ready to spend some time together. (As wonderful as the season is, it is also very busy, and I felt like I was always off to one event and my kids were headed to another!) So my wife set up a trip for a couple nights in California. It was a blast! There was so much to do, including some time at Legoland. It never really felt like I had a chance to catch my breath, but it was perfect! Just being able to set aside the time with my family was all we really needed.

Personally, I find the most meaningful experiences come when we really embrace the moments we have right in front of us. When I saw my kids opening their presents, they were so thankful just to be there. It didn't matter if they unwrapped a gigantic new dinosaur or a tube of toothpaste. They were filled with joy! They also loved our trip to Legoland and playing on the beach, but most importantly we loved the time we had together. There was a lot of laughter, a few bumps and bruises, and maybe a few tears, but we cherished the time we had.


 

Today I hope we can all enjoy these moments that surround us. The Scriptures teach us that everyday is a gift from God. We are often too worried about what is going to happen next. We are concerned over an endless stream of problems that may occur, and sometimes these fears overwhelm us. What if we started seeing these moments we were in as a gift? What if we opened our hearts, and we started believing that God gave us this time? I hope we can all cherish the love we have right now!

Blessings!


Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment