Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Believing in Love

 Are you in a jam?

Do you ever wonder what God is going to do with the situation that you are in?

Earlier this week, I got a call from my son's preschool. It's rarely a good thing to get this kind of a phone call. I have to wonder if my child has a fever, maybe he is throwing up... Who knows, but they rarely call just to say that everything is great. :) Anyway, this phone call was to inform me that my four year old had run head first into a metal pole. Then, he was knocked backward onto the concrete sidewalk, and he bonked the other side of his head. Not great news...but I can't say it really surprised me. My son is at the age where he wants to try everything, and sometimes his body just can't keep up! However, this was a pretty big hit and he did have quite the lump on his head. Thankfully the staff at Hill and Dale were wonderful, and by the time I got to see him, he was happily running around at full speed playing with all his friends. He wasn't worried at all about the GIANT goose-egg on his forehead. He wanted to tell me how he got to play Spider-man with his teacher!

Kids, like adults, find themselves in jams all the time. I am thankful my child was at a place where he could trust that his teachers were going to solve his problem. Yes, he was in a lot of pain, but he knew there were people there who could make it better. The faith he had in his teachers made him willing to jump right back up and start going again. 

As adults, I think we can be much more suspicious of the world around us. Instead of trusting our neighbors, we often try to fix everything ourselves. If we get into a jam, we may try to hide our pain, which will make things worse. We don't believe that honesty will help us, or we believe other people will take advantage of our trust. 


Our sermon series at CLC is looking at the difficult moments that we face in life. This week we are remembering the Bible Story of King David and Bathsheba. King David had great potential, but when he got into a jam, he doubled down. He tried to hide all his mistakes, and he brought a lot of pain on himself and his people. 

Today I hope we can trust in God. If our world has flipped upside down, I wonder if you have someone you can turn to. I believe the church can be a place of comfort and support. We just need to have the faith of a child.

Blessings!


Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment