Thursday, March 23, 2023

At the feet of Jesus...

Community Lutheran Church has been in a sermon series entitled: At the Feet of Jesus. We are looking at stories of different people who came into the presence of their Savior. Each of these individuals came with something different on their hearts. Some were ready to worship. Some were in search of a miracle. Others came to Jesus out of gratitude, or they wanted to learn and grow in the Spirit. However, all of these people lived by faith, and they were able to trust that Jesus was the answer to everything they had been searching for.

I think it is incredible for people to find Jesus and discover that He matters most. It reminds me that, whatever I am carrying on my heart, I can let it go and turn to Jesus. However, this week we are going to turn the tables a little bit. We are going to consider who Jesus was seeking after. The answer to this may seem obvious:  He sought after God... and that is most certainly true, but Jesus also seeks after us. As much as we need to be in the presence of Jesus, Jesus wants to come to us. Jesus sees each one of us as sacred, and God knows we all have gifts we can use to serve and love others.

There are so many times I forget to look for God's presence in my life. Each day becomes a blur filled with ordinary activities, but last week I had the opportunity to travel to Colorado with my family. We didn't hike any mountains or explore any new trails. We were there to be with family. My wife's parents opened there home to us, and we had a joyful week of love. Sure, my family is a little wild and crazy, but we were welcomed in. It can be important to seek after God in far off places, but my trip last week reminded me that we can find God in the people who surround us. We can find God, just like Jesus did, in our relationships with others. 

Enjoying the simple moments!

Today I hope you can all experience a little bit of God's love today. I hope you can all learn what God is doing, and I hope you can realize that you are a blessing as well.

Peace,


Brian Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment