Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Surrounded by Blessings

I believe we are surrounded by blessings everyday. However, most of the time we are too busy or stuck in our ways to really appreciate all that life has to offer. Two weeks ago, my family was blessed with the birth of our third son, Kian Mitchell Ward. Having a new baby around does add quite a bit of craziness to the household, but it also opens my heart to the blessings I have right in front of me. There is so much to be grateful for.



The last couple of weeks have really been a blur. Our son arrived about one month early. I thought I had a little more time to get ready, but I obviously don't get to control these things! Now we are quickly running though diapers and struggling to get enough rest. (I will say that I am able to sleep though a lot of night time crying this time around. With the other boys, I would nervously wake up with every coo or grunt they made. My wife may not be this lucky, but I'm feeling as rested as possible...)

In the end, my favorite part may just be watching our older boys interact with the baby. This can become a little tricky, because the big boys still have soccer practice, homework, and their own needs. (They also have to be reminded that their brother is not a football!) However, it is amazing to see how much they love their little brother. They can't wait to come home and hold the baby. They also watch him and describe everything he does and doesn't like. As difficult as it can be, it is incredible to have two more people who really love this child. 




Today I hope all of you can take some time to appreciate the blessings in your life. I hope you can take some time to love somebody else. The grace we share really does make a difference, and this world needs your love.

Blessings!


Brian Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment