Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Our Spiritual Walk

Have you taken time to consider your spiritual needs?

We may be faithful people who go to church regularly. We may spend a lot of time considering the way of Jesus Christ. However, there are still times when our lives can become a mess spiritually. It may be that we are going through a really difficult season, and we are getting run down by the world. Sometimes it is in our busiest moments that we need to stop and take a breath. We may feel like we don't have time. We may feel overwhelmed by our worries, but Jesus reminds us all to pause in these moments and remember that we have to leave space for our spiritual needs.


I know I am guilty of rushing through life. I am rushing to get kids to school, band, cross country, piano, and soccer practice. I am rushing to take care of my own responsibilities at church. There are a hundred different things that I can worry about. However, there are also plenty of reasons to slow down. There are so many reasons to stop and consider what God is doing today... I just have to stop, reflect, and reprioritize my life.

At the moment I am really loving learning different spiritual practices from my one-year-old son. He loves to just be in the moment. He doesn't want to look at a phone. He wants to stop and have me read a book to him. He wants to explore the world. He wants to say, "Hi!" to the people and dogs he meets on the street. These are the things that bring him joy. He has also really started to love putting his hands together and saying, "Amen!" Sometimes he will want to stop a meal and just have us pray.

He also paused the other day to talk about church with my wife and me:

Kian (My 1-year-old): "Mama, church?"
Me: "Yes, Mama went to church."
Kian: "Brothers, church?"
Me: "Yes, your brothers went to church."
Kian: "Kian, church?"
Me: "Yes, you went to church."
Kian (with a smile): "Socks, church?"
Me: "Yes, your socks went to church too..."

He is figuring this world out. He is discovering there are people that offer hope. He is discovering where he can find love. He makes time for this every day. Today, I hope you can all make time for your own spiritual well-being. We are going to be starting a sermon series this week all about the deeper questions of faith. I hope we can all reflect a little in this season to experience God in a new way!

Blessings!


Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment