Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sharing the News!

Christmas is just a few weeks away!  Are you spreading the Good News?  There are so many things I love about this time of year.  However, there are times I get lost simply rushing through life.  Instead of sharing in the joy of the season, I can become overwhelmed by all my concerns, worries, and frustrations.


In our services this week, we are looking at the role of Angels in the Christmas story.  Personally, I feel that Angels are very mysterious, and there are so many questions I have about them.  However, one thing is for certain:  Angels came to proclaim God’s Good News to the world!  In fact, the word “Angel” actually means “messenger.”  Angels can’t wait to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. 

Recently, Kira and I were talking about all the good things we couldn’t wait to show our new baby after he is born.  There are so many people, places, and events that will bring him so much joy… There are mountains, bike rides, and all kinds of other messes that I can’t wait to get him into!  More importantly however, there is love I can’t wait to share with this little guy!  I think God looks at each one of us with the same kind of enthusiasm, only much greater!  God can’t wait to show us all of the wonderful things this life has to offer.  I think we are all called to be messengers of this joy.  Let us share the Good News of what God is doing in the world around us!

Blessings!


PB

No comments:

Post a Comment