Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Closer to Christmas...

Wow!  This week has been crazy!  There is so much stuff that needs to get taken care of before Christmas.  On a normal week, I will try to get out to the mountains or go on a long bike ride at least once.  However, there hasn’t been time for any of that this week.  I’ve got to prepare for Christmas!  There are sermons to write, people to serve, and last minute details to iron out.  Most of the time I feel like I’m barely staying above water…

Christmas is supposed to be the time where we remember God is with us.  God is here right now, and we are living in God’s New Creation!  However, in the chaos of life, there are times we can ignore the blessings that are right in front of us.  This week we are looking at the story of the Shepherds.  In the time of Jesus, the Jewish people had long lived in severe poverty and oppression… but then these ordinary Shepherds received Good News.  The Angels came to them proclaiming that God’s Kingdom had arrived!  They were called to open their eyes see that God was with them!


So often, I find myself wishing for some great new adventure or experience.  However, today’s scripture reminds me that New Life is right here… in front of my nose.  There are relationships of Grace, Hope, and Love right in front of me.  It is my prayer that in the midst of this busy season, we may all see the love that is present.  May we open our eyes and see that the Kingdom of God is here!

1 comment:

  1. You Rock Pastor Brian! This is just the message, and just the reminder, I need during this season! Thanks for doing this blog! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete