Thursday, August 20, 2015

Spirit of 45

Recently, I had the privilege of participating in a “Spirit of 45” event.  This event was celebrating the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II.  It recognized around 50 veterans of World War II, who were present at the event, and it left me with a sense of hope even in the darkest of times. 

It’s crazy how often I feel entitled to a care free life.  I mean, I’ll get frustrated when I run out of breakfast cereal or stub my toe…  However, we are all called to serve, and that’s not easy.  Seventy years ago soldiers risked everything they had in the hope that they could provide a better world for future generations.  Today, I wonder what we are living for?  Do we see ourselves in a world full of problems? Is everything against us?  Or, do we live with the hope that we can really accomplish something amazing?  Today I hope we can remember Christ is with us, and He asks us to believe we can work together to really accomplish something in the world.

Blessings!


PB

No comments:

Post a Comment