Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Power of Words Part II

Laundry can be a real problem
when you have a baby :)
A few days ago my washing machine broke down.  (This is a big deal when you have a 5 month old baby who likes to vomit over everything!) I felt like I didn’t have time to deal with this issue, and I was worried about how much money it was going to set me back.  Overall, I think it left me in a pretty sour mood.  However, I had a conversation with my dad on the phone, and that conversation changed everything.  My dad didn’t tell me how to fix the washer or anything like that, but he didn’t have to.  He basically just said he thought I could handle it.  He believed I could do what it took to fix the problem or resolve the issue.  Sometimes hearing words of faith is all I need.  I wound up feeling energized.  I diagnosed the problem, replaced the motor coupler, and now Kira and I are back in business!
Cedar offered some additional encouragement
while the washer was being fixed. 

Last week, our Bible lesson talked about how the words of the Pharisees could bring destruction.  This week we are hearing how the words Christ offer us new life.  The Bible tells us that we all have God’s Spirit inside of us… Do you believe your words have the power to bring life to this world?

Then looking up to heaven, Jesus sighed and said, “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.” And immediately the man’s ears were opened, his tongue was released, and he spoke plainly.
-Mark 7:34-35

I believe all our words can bring comfort and hope.  We can speak words of life, grace, acceptance, and love.  Perhaps those words are just as powerful as anything else. 

Blessings!


PB 

No comments:

Post a Comment