Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Spirit of Gentleness...

Life is what happens when your busy making plans…”
I heard this quote last week, and it really struck me.  I spend countless hours planning every day.  However, the best moments often show up when I choose to just enjoy what I have.  Earlier this week, I went for a pretty big hike up to Bridge Mountain in Red Rock.  I was really focused on reaching the top, and I became pretty frustrated when it looked like we would have to turn around just a few feet from the summit.  The rock was just too icy… However, when I stopped to look around – I realized it didn’t matter if I reached the top or not. There was beauty all around me, and I was with a wonderful group of people!
The Bridge on Bridge Mountain
I think our world is filled with blessings, but we’re often too caught up in ourselves to notice.  I can choose to be irritated if my one year old child stops cooperating with me… or I can choose to laugh on the floor with him.  I have the opportunity to choose to embrace the gift that is in front of me. 
This week we are going to talk about living with a gentle spirit.  We are not supposed to live solely for ourselves.  We are to live a life of acceptance, grace, and peace.  If we can find the grace to laugh with God, I believe we will find hope in any situation…
Blessings!

Pastor Brian 

It's winter in Red Rock... 

Enjoy the moment...


No comments:

Post a Comment