Thursday, March 9, 2017

Surrounded by Grace

We enjoyed some amazing moments this week,
because of the support of some wonderful people!
So this has been a busy week.  In addition to my usual duties, I have three funeral services, two Lenten services, children’s chapel, hospital visits, and Saturday night worship.  If that wasn’t enough, my son turned two years old this week, and my wife and I decided to invite a bunch of families to our house to celebrate. That was a wonderful experience… except a day later our little boy came down with a terrible cold! That meant extra visits to the doctor, filling prescriptions, and dealing with a miserable child all night. 
There are times when I think I can handle things pretty well on my own.  However, this was not one of those weeks… I am so thankful for all the people in my life who have offered their support and love.  I am thankful for the people who have shown me that I don’t need to face these difficulties alone.  My wife and I are blessed to have each other.  We are blessed to have a wonderful family and a Grandma and Grandpa who came in from Colorado to help us out.  Finally, we are blessed by a wonderful church community every day.
I believe we need each other.  Life is not about proving we are somehow better than others.  If we can humble ourselves, I think we will find that people are ready to help us.  Not only that, but other people can present us with opportunities that we never knew existed.  That is also true of God’s Grace.  We can be overwhelmed by the world, but God is always there ready to walk with us every step of the way!
Blessings!

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment