Thursday, May 25, 2017

God is here...

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve spent a fair amount of time at Home Depot.  It seemed like every time I turned around I noticed a new project that needed to be completed.  I started by fixing a leaky faucet, that led to repairing the irrigation system, and then I started working on the garbage disposal.  It’s been one thing after another.  Thankfully, nothing has been too hard to handle.  However, I have this ability to turn the simplest project turn into a pretty big mess!  I was forever running back and forth to the store, buying the wrong piece of equipment, and second guessing my choices. 
When I make mistakes, I can get pretty frustrated with myself.  However, I’ve learned to keep the bigger picture in mind.  Each week I have the opportunity to visit people who are stuck in their homes, sick in the hospital, or even locked in a prison cell.  Taking time to visit these people is an important reminder that there are bigger problems in the world.  I can get so frustrated when things don’t go my way, but the Bible tells us that in this world we will always have troubles.  We can either choose to let these things overwhelm us, or we can stand with each other, support each other, and love each other through the pain. 
Whatever you are going through, I hope you can feel the love of other people, and I hope you can feel the love of God. 
Blessings!

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment