Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!!

I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, and I am so thankful for everything she has done for me over the years.  However, when I was a kid I remember thinking my mom worried too much… I knew she had good intentions, but I always believed I had things under control.  She had nothing to fear. At least I felt that way until I had my own child… 
In two years my little boy has been to the ER twice. He has undergone surgery, chipped his teeth, and who knows what else! (I’m sure there are plenty of other terrifying moments that I’ve just repressed from my memory…)  In many ways, these past two years have been the most stressful of my life, but they have also been the most blessed.  I have seen love show up in more ways than I would have thought possible, and I am so thankful to have had these last crazy two years.  I wouldn’t trade them for the world!
In this week’s scripture reading, we are reminded that we are God’s beloved children.  There is nothing we can do that will make God turn away from us.  We are loved without condition.  We are loved for who we are, and we loved for who we will become.  Even though we may make a crazy mess out of our lives, our God would never leave us.  I hope there is a time this week when you can thank someone who has shown you a mother’s love.  I also hope that you can believe in God’s unconditional love for you.
Blessings!

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment