Thursday, January 11, 2018

Come and See

It has been a while since I’ve written anything for this blog.  Between the busy atmosphere around Christmas, cold and flu season, and a trip with the youth group to Mexico, I haven’t had much extra time.  However, today I was drawn to three little words from our scripture reading from the Gospel of John:

Come and See
-1 John 1:46
These are the words that welcome the first followers of Jesus.  There is something about Christ that the people needed to experience, even if they did not have the words to verbalize exactly what was going on.  I wonder if there is anything that has ever made you so excited that you had to run to share the news…

I have been blessed with a number of wonderful experiences in my life.  However, there are times I can feel like I have lost some of my child like enthusiasm.  Christmas will come… then it will pass.  Seasons come and seasons go.  If we are not careful, life can begin to feel a little tired and worn out.  These are the moments we are invited to Come and See.  Jesus showed his first disciples the joy of God’s presence, and I believe we still need to remind ourselves of this.  A couple days ago, I was in a hurry to put my two year old child to bed.  However, he was in no rush.  Instead, he wanted to share a special song and dance he made up about the joy of pancakes…  I had to stop and laugh in the moment, because God was there in the beauty of our time together.  However, we all have a choice to see either daily frustration or God’s presence every day…

Today, I pray that you might be able to awaken a childlike curiosity inside of you.  I pray that we would also be able to share the joy we find with those around us.

Blessings!


Brian 

No comments:

Post a Comment