Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Stop... Listen... Look

 This week at Community Lutheran we are continuing our sermon series entitled KCLC Radio, and this week we are featuring the 1967 hit by Buffalo Springfield:  For What It's Worth.  Personally, I feel like this song is very recognizable, or at least the chorus is:

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down 

It is a pretty catchy tune, but the words are also filled with some very valuable lessons that show up in the Bible:  Stop… Listen… Look…  Jesus even tells us not to rush to conclusions.  Are there times in your life that you need to allow a little space for the Holy Spirit to move?

Jesus said to the disciples and us, “But when the Spirit of truth, comes,
it will guide you into all truth. It will not speak on its own; but will speak only what it
hears, and it will tell you what is yet to come. 

I know I find myself rushing from one thing to another every day.  No matter how early I wake up, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time for everything.  Every morning I try to start my day with a workout.   Next, I make breakfast and feed the kids.  Then I try to help get the kids dressed, brush their hair, and feed them their second breakfast.  After that, we have to change their outfits because they got dirty, search for their missing shoes, brush their teeth, and by this time they are hungry again.  Life can move pretty fast, and regardless of how your life may look, it is important to stop and breathe.  The Holy Spirit is working in our lives, but we do have to take a moment and experience it.

I am blessed in countless ways every day.  I can see amazing acts of kindness, love, and mercy, but I need to slow down a bit to really cherish it.

Today I hope you can all allow the Holy Spirit to move in your lives.  I hope you feel the presence of God, and I hope you can all share a bit of God’s love today!

Blessings!

 

Brian Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment