Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Spirit behind God's New Creation

When I was a little kid, I thought I was going to be an astronaut.  As I grew older, I decided I wanted to be a doctor.  When I graduated from college, I was interested in working for a big pharmaceutical company…  Somehow, in the midst of all of that, I wound up being called as a pastor in Las Vegas… crazy right?  Life is filled with change, growth, renewal, and rebirth – and although I love the way my life turned out – it hasn’t always been easy!  In fact, I am still wishing my life could be a little bit more predictable.  Sometimes, I feel like all my carefully laid out plans will go out the window before I even get into the office.  However, that is the way life is for all of us.  Things will change, and we have to believe there is new life in whatever comes next…
 
As a church, we proclaim the promise of new life.  We are people of the resurrection.  Our past can no longer define us.  Sin can no longer define us.  Death can no longer define us, because God is making all things new!  The Holy Spirit is working everywhere we go.  Do you believe New Life is available to you?  This week I pray you would trust God’s Spirit wherever it leads you!

Blessings!


Pastor Brian

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Brian. This really spoke to me today. Exactly where I am at in my life. It is especially curious and perfect that I just started a bible study about Jonah. It is great because I feel like I am finally learning how to listen to God and not move on self will. And He is speaking to me, though I struggle to hear Him, I think that He keeps saying to me: "wait, my plans will be revealed...I have great plans for you, my child."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the decision to move to Las Vegas and build a new life in a place where we didn't know anyone was certainly about taking a chance and starting anew. We've been blessed to find CLC and people who care about us. I know your new life as a father is fast approaching, but I hope we'll get a chance to share a meal with you and Kira - and baby Ward! - sometime this spring. ; )

    ReplyDelete