Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Heading to AZ

All set for a quick trip...
Last week, Kira and I attended our church’s Synod Assembly in Mesa, Arizona.  This gathering of churches meets once a year to discuss different policies and activities.  Basically, it’s one big meeting…  However, it was an exciting meeting for me.  Kira and I were both attending, and that meant the baby had to join us.  We had to prepare him for his first plane ride, hotel room, and encounter with the bishop… (Exciting stuff, right! J)  Anyway, I typically consider myself a light packer. (I can’t remember the last time I had to check any baggage.) However, this trip was different.  We packed tons of diapers, bottles, burp rags, and a bunch of other random stuff…  We were anxiously preparing for the worst!

However, when we arrived at the airport, things went much smoother than expected.  People guided us through the fastest lanes, and they made security a breeze.  I think it may actually be faster to travel with a baby!  We boarded the plane waiting for trouble, but it never arrived.  The whole trip went off without a hitch.  The baby did great, and we had the chance to network with a lot of wonderful people from across the synod.

This week we are once again looking at the story of Elijah.  At times, Elijah waited for God to show up in major events or crucial moments.  However, we are reminded in his story that God shows up in the small things.  I hope we can all take time to notice that God is here… in every moment of life.

Blessings!


PB
Making sure to cast his first vote...

No comments:

Post a Comment