Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Father's Day Fun

Ready to climb to the top of Arizona!
So, it’s getting hot in Vegas…  I’m still enjoying my early morning runs, but my late afternoon bike rides are just getting ridiculous!  So for my first Father’s Day, I wanted go somewhere to cool off and relax.  Now, Kira and I thought about taking some time just to chill out by the pool, but I guess that wasn’t crazy enough.  We decided to take the baby on his first camping trip to Flagstaff, AZ.  The weather was great, but I’m not sure it was the most relaxing thing we’ve ever done… :) I don’t know how many of you have ever stayed in a small 2 person tent with a baby… but it’s kind of crazy. You have to crawl over somebody every time you move, and we were tossing and turning all night searching for supplies and checking to see if the kid left another “Father’s Day present” in his diaper.  Fun times!  To top it off, the next day we decided to climb Mt. Humphreys, which is the tallest point in Arizona.  We reached the top, but by the time we got home we were ready for bed!  It was exhausting, but it was also perfect.  It was such a beautiful place, and we were so thankful to be there and spend a short weekend away with family…

In our Bible lesson this week, Jesus will encounter a family, and he will bring them together.  This family had dealt with illness, trial, and even death.  However, God was there.  I pray that we would all realize that God is with each one of us.  Whatever we face… we have love, grace, and community in Christ!

Blessings!


PB


Whistling for his horse/dad to go faster...

He really did a great job sleeping... our neighbors were
much noisier than he was!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment