Thursday, December 1, 2016

Blessings!

How much time do you think you spend each day complaining?  Personally, I know I can devote way too much energy into grumbling about other people or events, and looking back, that’s not really how I want to spend my time.  Last week, we celebrated Thanksgiving.  My wife and I decided to take a quick trip up to see some of her family who live near Lake Tahoe.  It was an amazing trip, but it took a lot of work to make it happen.  We had to deal with a rambunctious little boy on the 8 hour drive to the lake.  We had to scrounge up all the snow gear for a 1 year old, and we had to convince our little guy to actually keep the gear on once he was outside.  All of that could have easily turned into something to complain about.  However when we saw the joy in our son’s eyes, it all became worth it.  It reminded me what a gift it is to live life with a childlike hope and faith. 
When you don't have a sled the lid of a trash can works great! 

I have so much to be grateful for.  Last week at Community Lutheran Church, we handed out Blessing Jars that were made by the youth group.  We each have opportunities to cherish our blessings every day.  If we’re not careful, it can become easy to spend all our time complaining about some pretty minor stuff.  However, you are blessed to be who you are!  I hope we can call take a little time each day to appreciate that!

Blessings!


PB


No comments:

Post a Comment