Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Patience

Every morning I wake up, go for a run, eat breakfast, shower, and get ready for work… It’s pretty straightforward, except that I also have to wrestle a one year old child the whole time.  I make breakfast, and he throws it on the floor.  I try to put him in an outfit, and he wants to do somersaults.  When it’s time to load him in the car, he wants to put yogurt in his hair and dance around the house.  This is my life… :)
In the grand scheme of things, I know I really don’t have much to complain about, but it is amazing how frustrated I can become.  I think we all want to be somewhere or do something else.  However, today we are reminded to have patience.  Patience is a wonderful gift, and I don’t think it means we have to spend our lives bored, waiting for something to happen.  Patience is the ability to notice the blessings that are right in front of us.  Patience is cherishing the time we have, instead of wishing for something else.  I wonder what the world would look like if we took time for this…
Peace!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment