Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Being thankful...

Last week, my family traveled to New Mexico to celebrate Thanksgiving with some relatives there.  It was a wonderful opportunity to see some new places and enjoy time with those we love.  I love these kinds of trips, but I have to admit that prior to leaving I was feeling some apprehension.  This would be the longest drive we had ever done with the kids, and our last big trip had not been easy.  Imagine a car ride with a screaming child for hours on end.  He wouldn’t nap, and he seemed to be pooping every 30 minutes… That was an exhausting way to start our summer trip. 

However, we decided we wanted to try again. (Or maybe we had just forgotten some of the difficulties of the last trip!) There were concerns, but we also had family members telling us:  Just go for it!  In the end, I think that is what life is all about.  There are times we could let the problems of the world overwhelm us, or we can trust that a greater love is waiting for us on the other side.  Our car ride wound up going amazingly well, and we had a blast with the people we love.  It turned out to be a blessing to share this trip with kids, and I love giving them the opportunity to see other people and other parts of the world.  As we got ready to leave, we asked our little boy what he was thankful for, and it was a delight to have him list off every family member he could.  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I know I’m blessed to have such wonderful people around me.

 Blessings!


Brian  

No comments:

Post a Comment