Thursday, March 4, 2021

Love in the Here and Now

 Galatians 4:6-7

Pastor Paul writes, Because you are God’s children, God also sent the Spirit of his Son Jesus into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but a child of God...



Is there something inside of you that is crying out to God?  What is your heart searching for?  Are you listening for God’s love?


A couple of days ago, I was feeling pretty exhausted.  It had been a busy day at work, and when I got home, my life got even crazier.  My wife was out so I was trying to feed the kids as fast as possible, clean the house, and try to stop someone from crying every 5 minutes.  It was rough.  Looking back, I know I was trying to do too much.  Finishing work calls, preparing food, and fixing the sink...  When I finally let go of everything else and embraced the moment, the day turned around.  I was able to fully engage with the kids, we sang, laughed, and danced way past bedtime.  Apparently we all needed to feel the devotion and love of another person.  Trying to do everything just left us angry and defeated.


I think we all need unconditional love, but we will rarely make time for this.  We fill our lives with other (less productive) things.  Our scriptures remind us that God’s love is always close by.  God loves us right now.  All we have to do is receive the gift.  


Today I hope that you can all feel a bit of God’s love and devote yourself to this moment… right here and now!


Blessings!


Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment