Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Love is here...

Psalm 8:3-5

When I consider your heavens,

    the work of your fingers,

the moon and the stars,

    which you have set in place,

what is humankind that you are mindful of them,

   mortals that you care for them?


Do you take time to consider the heavens or the beauty of creation? Our world has inspired people for centuries. I love to imagine the individuals living long ago, whose lives were so different, but they still felt a sense of wonder and awe when regarding the world around them. Today I believe we still need to take time to breathe in everything that God is offering. 


Last week my family took a quick vacation to Pine Valley, Utah. It was a wonderful time for the kids to play in the forest, splash in the creek, and watch the deer and other animals run by. I have always loved camping, but these trips really help me to be mindful of the blessings I have. I need to get away from the heat and smog and realize there is so much more to the life we are living.


Long ago the ancient psalmist looked to the heavens and wondered where human beings fit in. The poet answers the question as follows:


what is humankind that you are mindful of them,

   mortals that you care for them?

You have made them a little lower than the angels

    and crowned them with glory and honor.


God has given us glory and honor on par with the angels. I hope we can all take a little time to be mindful of the love that surrounds us. Let us not simply plow through the next day, week, or year. Let's open our hearts to what God is doing. We don’t want to miss the love God is sharing!


Blessings!



Brian





No comments:

Post a Comment