Thursday, June 15, 2023

Mission and the Holy Spirit

It is June in Las Vegas, and it feels like summer at CLC! I am preparing for Vacation Bible School, and I just got back from a mission trip with the youth group. It is a wonderful season, and I am truly blessed to be a part of this journey!

As much as I love this time, it is also an easy time to become overwhelmed. There are so many things on my to do list. I feel like I have been constantly recruiting volunteers, preparing lesson plans, and finding decorations and craft supplies. So when I finally left town last week to go to Long Beach, I was a little anxious about all the projects I was still working on. However, there was a time when I realized I was a part of something special. I let go of all the concerns, and I was able to trust that the Spirit was moving. As soon as we left town, the kids on the mission trip immediately started building new relationships. They spent the week working incredibly hard, and their work changed lives. Whether we were scrubbing, sorting, or painting, they saw God in these incredible moments. 




There are times we look for reasons to be anxious. It can be easy to get lost in all the problems, and we can feel annoyed by ordinary tasks. I love when we can take time to wait and watch for the Holy Spirit. God is present in every moment. I hope we can all make room for all that Christ doing today!

Blessings!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment