Thursday, July 20, 2023

Renewal and the Holy Spirit

Last week, I returned from a vacation to Minnesota with my family. It was amazing! My kids got to spend plenty of time with their cousins and grandparents. We went fishing on a lake, and we picked black raspberries in the woods. The previous year, all our vacation plans were flipped upside down when we got Covid-19 right before we were supposed to leave. That trip wound up being cut down to a long weekend, and it made this year feel like such a blessing. We were able to cherish every drop, and we returned home feeling like we all had a new experience of love...



God's Love is an amazing gift. Christ sacrificed everything for us, and God wants you live in these blessings. Do you ever think about this kind of love? Personally, I spend way too much time looking at my own failures. I focus on all the things people don't like about me, and sometimes that can leave me feeling like God is good, but I am not...

Philippians 1:6 says:

    He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

God wants us to be transformed by love. We are called to focus on the blessings that are given to us. As much as I love my calling as a Pastor, I also need time to get away. I need time with my family, and we need time to remind ourselves of the love that is always present. This is my hope for all of you. Even if you can't get out of town this year, I hope you can be intentional about looking for God's Blessings. You are loved. Your failures do not define you or own you. May you live in God's Love.

Blessings,


Pastor Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment