Monday, March 4, 2024

God's gifts are here!

My wife was out of town last weekend on the annual CLC women's retreat. She had a great time in Springdale Utah, and she came back refreshed after being around a great group of women. While she was away, I thought I would plan my own little adventure. I wanted to take my boys down to the hot springs on the Colorado river. This is a super fun hike, and it has enough scrambling to make it really interesting. However, that was not to be. Instead, we faced a crazy windstorm! The only adventuring I was able to fit in was a short bike ride to the neighborhood park. We were able to burn off a little energy, and we laughed a lot as we pretended to get blown away. We were able to get back to the house after a couple hours and before the wind and dust really picked up. Looking back, it may have been a little ambitious to try and fit in a hike anyway. I had four worship services to prepare for, and there was also a funeral at church, where we said goodbye to a beloved member. It actually worked out to spend my time present with the people around me. There was no need to go out and get sandblasted by the storm.

I love to be outside... but last weekend was a little much!

Our sermon series at Community Lutheran is taking a deeper look at the gifts that Jesus brings. God is always providing us with blessings, but there are times we choose to be upset with what we have. I could have been mad where my adventure fell through. My wife could have chosen to be upset as well. (The wind was pretty bad on her retreat too, and she did not get as much outdoor time as she had hoped.) Instead, we all chose to make the best of things. Kira came back refreshed. I had a great weekend. God's blessings surround us.


Today I hope you can all look for God's gifts in your lives. Take time to watch for God when your plans change. Look for new blessings when you find yourself on an unexpected road. Jesus is there. He is leading you to abundance and new life. Let's open our hearts and experience God's Love.

Peace,


Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment