Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Living in Lent

So, babies get sick… a lot! It seems like as soon as our kid recovers from one illness, he will catch something else.  That means my wife and I are always low on sleep, and we are forever trying to chase him down to wipe his nose. (Quite the process!) It’s getting a little exhausting... However, this is just what babies do, and we just have to try and care for our little guy as best as we can.

Providing for others can be difficult, but when I see a child suffering, I want to go out of my way to help.  However, there are other people that I find harder to empathize with.  They seem ready to tear others down in order to life themselves up. (This is certainly true for all of our politicians!) In this season of Lent, I want to be better at giving people the benefit of the doubt.  I want to start to get rid of preconceived stereotypes, and I want to look at each person as a child of God.  I hope to be better at seeing each person as someone in need of love.  Are you called to look at the world differently this season?  Is there some way you can incorporate more grace and love into your life?  I hope we can all give one another the benefit of the doubt and reach out to a world in need.

Blessings!


PB

No comments:

Post a Comment