Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Second Chances

God is nurturing each one of us until we succeed.
Let's share this love with others!
A couple of weeks ago, I rode my bike to the hospital to visit a patient.  I love bicycling, but going to the hospital can be kind of tricky… When I drive, I just walk in.  When I bike, it’s a little more of a process.  (I will be that awkward guy who you may see putting on a clean shirt and pants over his biking clothes in random parking lots.)  Anyway, I was just buttoning up my shirt when a couple of guys approached me.  They looked kind of rough, and I immediately judged them.  I thought they may be trying to steal my bike, but I decided I would say hello to them anyway.  Fortunately, they responded in a very friendly manor.  We talked about bikes for a bit, and when they found out I was a pastor, they asked for a prayer.  It was really an incredible moment!  It was also a really awkward moment, as I was still wearing my biking shorts and was in the middle of buttoning up my shirt, but it was a wonderful time of prayer.

It’s so easy for me to judge the stranger. I am guilty of this all the time, but if I had let my judgments get the best of me, I never would have had this wonderful experience.  God sees us each as we are, and God loves us just as we are.  The scripture lesson we are looking at this week discusses giving one another a second chance.  God will keep nurturing us until we succeed, and we have the opportunity to do the same for one another. 

God’s Peace and Blessings!!!



PB

No comments:

Post a Comment