Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Bear with one another!

There are certain people in my life that I cannot imagine myself without.  These people shape me, challenge me, and sometime they annoy me… :) However, all of these individuals have made me the person I am today. 
Who are the people that shape you?  Perhaps friends… maybe your family…  However, the Bible says that we need ALL people.  This includes our enemies.  We are all different parts of one body.  Do you believe that?  In our world today, there are so many reasons why people choose to isolate themselves from other viewpoints.  We don’t need to talk to the stranger, and it can be easy to demonize our enemies. 
I am thankful to be a part of a church where people can put aside their differences and come together to worship. I believe we are striving toward something much bigger.  We are the body of Christ, and that is what really matters!  Today the scripture verse that we will be diving into comes from Colossians 3 verse 13:
Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
I hope we can take steps toward this today.  I hope we can ask who our enemies are, and I hope we can consider how God is calling us to reach out to them. 
God’s Peace and Grace be with you!

Brian 

No comments:

Post a Comment