Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Our Choices...

Earlier this week, I had an opportunity to go hiking with a group of kids from the church.  I love getting outside, and I love sharing these experiences with others.  However, planning these events can be stressful.  I’m always worried someone will try to jump off a cliff or fall into a pool of stagnant water.  Besides all that, I was bringing my own child, and that can mean dirty diapers, loud screaming, and an all-around wildman strapped to my back… I guess I was concerned the hike would turn into a sufferfest.  However, it turned out to be an amazing trip!  The kids showed up with enthusiasm and positive attitudes.  My little boy was also fun to watch.  As soon as he saw the mountain, he started jumping up and down with excitement.  He couldn’t wait for us to put him in the backpack.  He spent the rest of his trip singing and talking about the dirt and the rocks he saw…  It was perfect!
Every day we get to choose how we are going to respond to life’s trials.  There will always be difficulties, but we can choose to share compassion and love instead of doubt and fear.  Beyond this, I also think we need each other.  I have seen so many people overcome the trials they’ve faced because of the love they’ve felt from others. 
Today, I hope you can believe in Love.  I know you all have your own burdens, but if we open our hearts, I believe great things will happen! 
Blessings,

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment